If you accumulate a total of 4 points in 12 months, the Department of Revenue will send you a point accumulation advisory letter.
If you accumulate a total of 8 or more points in 18 months, the Department of Revenue will suspend your driving privilege.
- 1st suspension – 30 days
- 2nd suspension – 60 days
- 3rd or more suspensions – 90 days
The Department of Revenue will revoke your driving privilege for one year if you accumulate:
- 12 or more points in 12 months
- 18 or more points in 24 months
- 24 or more points in 36 months
When your driving privilege is reinstated following a Point Suspension or Revocation, the Department of Revenue reduces your total points to 4.
Every year you drive without getting new points on your record, the points will be reduced.
- 1 year — total remaining points reduced by one-third
- 2 years — remaining points reduced by one-half
- 3 years — points reduced to zero
Although your points may be reduced to zero, certain types of convictions must remain listed permanently on your Missouri driver record